Feed your Faith

Feed your Faith, and your Fears will starve to Death! I am Lifted with Love, Healed by Grace and Saved by the Cross...

Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Emergency Room! - January 22, 2010

I went to Ciudad de Panamá, Panama with 2 friends on January 18th for a few days. As soon as I got back, I started getting sick and eventually got fever and was admitted to St. Lukes Sugar Land Hospital Emergency Room.

I had 2 complaints for them:
1) Strong fever, lack of appetite for food
2) Right flank pain

I explained to them that both issues are most probably independent and that my fever was due to a bacteria I may have caught while in Panama. We suspected it was 'Salmonella' as I ate pork and drank milk -- make sure you keep those out of your diet if traveling within Central and South America, unless if from totally reliable sources!!

Doctors immediately suspected I had Appendicitis. I therefore got a CT Scan (Computed Tomography) of the abdomen and they quickly dismissed that thought.

They discharged me from the hospital with some pain medicine for my flank saying it was probably a Muscle Strain or Acute Pancreatitis. Both options seemed less probable in our opinion, but we accepted it as a reversion from an Appendicitis surgery. As for the fever, we concluded it was Salmonella and my fever would soon be over. Unfortunately, I remember going on a 72-hour run without food! The last time I got sick dated back to March 2009.

The pain medicine helped relieve the pain I had on my side for a few days....I thought it worked miracles, but I was deceiving myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment