Feed your Faith

Feed your Faith, and your Fears will starve to Death! I am Lifted with Love, Healed by Grace and Saved by the Cross...

Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Good news! - April 16, 2010


We were told we had a small chance of getting the PETScan results before Monday...And as the clock ticked 5pm on this Friday afternoon, Dr. Raad shared with me the good news that my Cancer was confirmed to be localized! It's one of those feelings that mark a milestone in this journey...and I was praising God for His grace...!
My family and I were so happy to hear this!! We were not ready to spend another weekend in darkness guessing the results.

For my type of Cancer, prognosis states that metasticized and spread out tumors of this Cancer drops the survival rate below 10% (on average)...I don't think anyone would be ready for this...

God is good, all the time! You too, can smile and praise God! You're breathing today, and you're able to eat, drink, sleep and log on to the Internet. We are blessed, people. Sometimes it takes a lot for us to realize this, and I am the first to be in that camp. I didn't realize how blessed I was until this happened...But hopefully we can all 'wake up' and just take a minute and thank God for what He's done so far in our lives -- without discounting the unknown and the unseen either.

Later on that night, more friends dropped by for a visit! It was also awesome to have my brother by my side this weekend. He did so much work behind the scenes and made sure I had a 'plan' before he headed back to Washington, DC.



Sleeping time: 5 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Great News buddy ! You'll be fine in a couple of months ! Chemo will burn all the tumor and you'll be cancer free ! Just hang on tight ! You'll beat it for sure ! GOD Bless you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan:
    God Bless you and your enitre family. I was very happy to read this blog. please allow me to just say you are one strong person for doign this. I know if I was in your shoes I would be terrified. May God keep a watchful eye over you all the time and bless you for you are a true fighter.

    Please know that you are in my prayers.

    stay strong Fighter DAN :-)

    ReplyDelete