Feed your Faith

Feed your Faith, and your Fears will starve to Death! I am Lifted with Love, Healed by Grace and Saved by the Cross...

Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spiritual Food - April 4, 2010

We were thinking of going to church today, but it was a bit difficult for the family. We weren't too energetic (my mom and I) and we were lost in our own world. I was barely sleeping due to pain building up on my back as well as pain on my right flank. It was starting to become intolerable; I was therefore waking up super early and taking naps around noon.

We decided to have a Bible study at home to make up for not going to church. My mom lead this one, so you can rest assured that the passage was wisely chosen.
The Study was a great blessing for all of us.
Joanne also shared with us what the Lord showed her that morning. It was from the book of Hosea, Chapter 6, verses 1 and 2:

"Come, let us return to the Lord.
He has torn us to pieces
But He will heal us;
He has injured us
but He will bind up our wounds

After two days He will revive us;
On the third day He will restore us,
that we may live in His presence."

These previous verses were really timely and we (as a family) were starting to let go on everything and let God take charge of my situation, whether the tumor was malignant or benign. It takes a while to get into that mind frame, and we were ramping up all our spiritual journeys towards fully relying on him and not stressing out or fearing anything that came our way. An extreme test of faith....but, I, personally, have been ready since I prayed alone on Friday. God gave me full peace, one that I cannot explain to anyone. I pretty much wake up and sleep and live life like you! I don't even think or remember that I have Cancer. Its toll on me has been null, excluding the physical side of it as I am in constant pain.

That night I texted a dear friend Fadi, and he texted me back saying there might be a group invasion into our house. At first, I wasn't too sure what that meant, but as soon as I saw all the church singles group walk in our house (about 20 people), I knew he wasn't joking around. lol. I felt, as always, blessed and loved beyond measure, although not everyone in the group knew I was sick, but they still showed up.

Dr. Raad visited us on this Sunday night and contacted MD Anderson physicians and doctors on the spot. He found a colleague who accepted to do my biopsy in less than 24 hours. That was a miracle. Besides, getting admitted into MDA in less than 24 hours is a miracle in itself. We went to sleep knowing we had a plan of attack for the morning....It was a last minute diversion.

My pain had become constant and I was having a hard time sleeping at night...
Sleeping time: 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment