Feed your Faith

Feed your Faith, and your Fears will starve to Death! I am Lifted with Love, Healed by Grace and Saved by the Cross...

Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Never Forever Young - April 3, 2010

A few weeks ago, I have been listening to Jay-Z's song "Forever Young" with Mr. Hudson NON-stop. I'll admit I like rap and I like Jay-Z's raps for a few of his songs, one of them being this one.

What I thought was so special about this one is the total lie that Jay-Z portrays in the song -- a carefree life that knows no bad times, no disappointment, no worries and no worldly problems too big to bring one down. It's so surreal that it makes us want it, even if for a minute. I wished life was so easy. I won't lie to you, I always thought about staying forever young. Im happy where I am right now -- the first half of my twenty's have been super amazing. But that's a dream even Jay-Z lives. With my current situation, the song is so ironic...

No matter how famous or wealthy or influential you are, you're not going to stay forever young, and this song now takes a completely new meaning for me.



----------------------------
Waking up this morning wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. It was Saturday. I love Saturdays; by far my favorite day of the week. Remembering the new reality that now walks with me, my morale and mood were always elevated. I wanted to stay positive and happy at any cost. I found my new challenge!

My family and I had one appointment that day. Thanks to 2 dear friends, I was able to meet with their father over lunch; he only happens to be one of the best oncologists in the world! Lol. I was stoked to see what he had to say about my case. Surely enough, as difficult as it was to share the truth, he suspected it was Cancer from the get-go. However, he did reiterate it was a 50-50, so we held onto this 50% chance and hoped the tumor was benign. The oncologist also comforted us by saying it would most likely be curable. While doctor optimism is reassuring, my greatest consolation lies in Jesus Christ, THE physician of all physicians. I cannot fully rely on any one person during these tough times.

That night we went back home with mixed feelings, and we decided to watch a movie to clear our minds for a while. We watched the Stoning of Soraya, a true story that took place during the Mousava Khomeini regime in Iran. I was not astonished to see once again, human brutality, but it put a smile on my face when I thought about Christ and how He made sure ALL women and ALL men are equal in His eyes...!! It doesn't matter what you've done in your past or how big of a sinner you are, He takes us all in, and He loves us equally!! Talk about taking refuge!

No comments:

Post a Comment